CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

9 Months

Jacob turned 9 months old on Sunday, can you believe it? I can't, the months have gone by so quickly and Jacob is such a little boy and no longer a little baby. Here are some updates on Jacob:


  • Jacob is weighing in at: 20 lbs (45th percentile) and 28 inches long (48th percentile)
  • He has 4 teeth - 2 bottom and his two top eye teeth
  • He is walking very quickly but still supported and can stand on his own for a few seconds
  • If you have been around him the last 2 weeks, he is really into kisses. He leans his head forward, with his tongue just barely hanging out of his mouth, and gives a kiss right on your mouth. He will do this with anyone - just a warning.
  • He LOVES to give hugs, he will crawl over to me if I am sitting down on the couch, stand up and put his arms in the air to be picked up. Then gives the biggest bear hug, wrapping his arms around my neck and linking his hands together and just squeezes - it is so adorable!
  • He is saying "mama" more often (which of course I love)
  • We are now eating 3rd stage foods (see picture below) and eating finger foods
  • Gates are now up EVERYWHERE in our house, and Jacob gets into EVERYTHING... poor Shadow. Things are baby proofed, but somehow Jacob finds a way around the baby proofing
  • He sleeps in until about 10:30 every morning
  • Jacob is going through his "I want mommy all the time" stage right now
  • He likes to make different sounds with his mouth, he is a little motor boat most of the time. And has figured out if he makes a humming noise and moves his fingers over the opening of his mouth, it makes cool sounds. I often hear this sound at midnight, even though he is sleeping!

I was trying to get a picture of Jake's teeth this morning - kind of difficult to see, I'll try to get a better picture to post.

Here is Jacob trying Savory Potatoes, Carrots and Beef. Needless to say, this is the first time he has hated a meal.

I was laughing so hard, I am surprised I was able to take a few pictures!


Jacob has found the on/off button on the TV. Uh-Oh.

0 comments: