CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Misc Things

I woke up this morning startled after glancing at the clock and it was 9:20 am!! Jacob fell asleep last night in his bassinet at 9:45 pm and usually wakes up anywhere between 6:00 - 7:00 am for bottle and will go back down for another hour or so. I was quite surprised this morning. Of course, I put my hand on his chest and wiggled him a little bit just to make sure he was okay. He looked over at me as if to say, "What the heck are you doing?!? I'm sleepin' here!" Almost 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night... have to say, it's a great feeling.

For many years people have told me that shopping online for Christmas is so great, you don't have to fight the crowds or wait for sales or get stuck in traffic. So, I figured this year would be a great year to try it. Let me tell you - IT SUCKS!!!

I ordered my Christmas cards online on November 25th, received an email on November 26th stating they had been shipped out to our home. A week goes by, no cards. I email customer service and was told it could take anywhere between 3 and 10 business days. On the 11th business day, no cards. I emailed again, I was told they would reprint the cards and ship them out, I will receive them in 2 business days. The end of the 3rd business day approaches, still no cards. I email yet again and was told they haven't been reprinted yet, but once they are, it will only take 2 days to get them to me. I ask for a refund 3 times in seperate emails, not once do I get a response. I received another email last Thursday stating they were shipped and will be here on Tuesday.... hmmm... is that 2 business days????

I needed a new pair of tennis shoes for Christmas (my feet grew 1/2 size from my pregnancy). Nate and I venture to the mall to browse, find a great pair but they don't have my "new" size. So, they have free home delivery, stating they will delivered between 3-5 days. The manager tells me it really only takes 2-3 days for delivery, even around the holidays. Well, it is now day 9 and still no shoes.

I ordered a Christmas tree ornament online, a cute little snowmen family with our names personalized on it. Cute dad-snowman, mom-snowman and baby-snowman on dad's shoulders. I received the ornament (almost on time) and they have put my name on the dad snowman and Nate's name on the mom-snowman. Um... hello!!!!!

So, I am still waiting for 3 Christmas packages... please send good thoughts my way and maybe they will arrive on my front porch today!

0 comments: