CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Random Pictures

We bought a new camera lens about a week ago, we found a great camera store in Seattle that doesn't try to sell you the expensive stuff that you don't need (since I am not the expert photographer)! We just bought a cheap lens that doesn't even have a zoom like our other lens that our camera came with, but it takes good pictures of Jacob. I am still getting used to it, the guy at the store told me to take it home for a few weeks, try it out and bring it back if we weren't happy with it. So, the following pictures are not fantastic. I am really, really, really trying (Nathan, did you catch the really part) not to use the automatic function on our camera. It has so many other creative modes that I should be using, but as I mentioned, I am not a professional photographer... just a stay at home mom who is addicted to taking pictures of her son (can you tell)?

I thought I would start out with a not so cute one of Jake. I usually post the "Awe, isn't he cute pictures..." Well, here you go. I do admit, he is an angel 99.2% of the time... here is proof of the other portion.

Playing with his piano, he dances all the time to the music.



Jacob's newest thing is "All Gone!"
After he is finished eating something, we say "all gone," and hold out our hands and shrug our shoulders, he is now copying us. When he finishes a meal, he holds out his hands like this - it's adorable!

"All Gone"

"All Gone"
I believe this was after daddy was giving him chocolate. He kept coming back to the couch every 30 seconds or so checking to see if there was more and shrugging his shoulders... Is there more yet???




We had a special visit during the week. Aunt Maggie, Uncle Jerrod, Whitney and Kennedy came for a night and brought Jacob some Christmas presents! They were going to stay a few days, but as most of you have heard, Seattle area got hit with major flooding this week and they needed to leave before I-5 got shut down so they could get home. Also, a little announcement for those of you that don't know.... Jerrod and Maggie are ENGAGED! Congrats, we love you both so very much! Maggie has also started a blog for the twins, there is a link on our page called the Mickle Family, check it out! Whitney and Kennedy are growing up so fast, I can't believe they turn one year old next month, they are now crawling and standing up supported. They are beautiful, just like their mama!

Laughing at grandma

Jacob made buddies with our waiter tonight at dinner. Our waiter was really attentive to Jake and talked to him a lot, bought him a huge ice cream sundae (we didn't even order it), played with him, and was just a nice guy. And won points with Jake with a balloon... and as you can see, Jacob was attached to the balloon for the rest of the night!



I finally had to take the balloon away, here is Jacob NOT looking at me. Giving me the silent treatment.

Sad face... still not talking to me.

Okay, he is almost 16 months and he already knows how to work it! What a sad face because mommy took away the balloon, no crying or screaming... but what a way to make mommy feel guilty!!! And yes, I am saving the balloon for tomorrow!

I liked this picture I took of Nathan, what a handsome man!

Strike A Pose!
I was messing with the different settings on the camera the other day, and told Jacob to strike different poses for me...




0 comments: